Huntsville, AL 35805
Under the guidance of the Director of Supply Chain, this position is responsible for a transactional part of the logistics cycle for all Amphenol Tecvox products; including manufacturing, warehouse tracking, customer delivery, and customer product returns and claims.
The position ensures the smooth transportation of routine products through the transportation channel by managing individual shipments in transit, selecting standard shipping/warehousing methods, collecting and processing delivery and documentation items, and processing claims via phone and personal contact with logistics colleagues, business partners, internal partners, and customers.
This position will also play a critical role in material planning by ensuring reported inventories are correct. Inventories stored at multiple global locations must be matched to Tecvox systems each month. This role will ensure that inventory discrepancies are identified and mitigated promptly to avoid disruptions in Supply and/or payment issues.
- Analyzing and managing data utilizing Excel
- Monitor movements of material in order to keep track of inventory levels
- Regularly analyze multiple system inventories to ensure that all systems reflect equal on-hand inventory
- Ensure clear document flow in order to assist Accounting with book-keeping tasks
- Work proactively with Customers to ensure material is shipped on time and any bottlenecks are mitigated without disruption
- Provide documentation to Customs for material crossing borders
- Communicate clearly and regularly with global locations
- Utilize customer web-based systems to retrieve forecasts and to ensure that all shipments are recorded accurately within systems
- Communicate with various customers regarding order status and documentation as needed
- Develop reports based on analysis of data
- Maintain transparency with internal team
- Provide suggestions to management for process improvements and/or cost savings
- Handle multiple projects at the same time
- Escalate any issues to Director of Supply Chain
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain or related discipline but may substitute related work experience for education
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in Logistics in the Automotive Industry
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated expertise in utilizing Excel (Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP) in managing data, analyzing data, creating reports, and formula creation
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP
- Familiarity with web-based and Excel-based inventory management systems